Apply to Serve on a Perth Amboy Board or Commission

Perth Amboy Arts Council

Your skills, experience and leadership are needed to help our community to achieve its potential. Get active in local leadership and apply to become an appointed official and serve on a Perth Amboy board or commission. Perth Amboy appointed officials on local boards and commissions have important advisement and decision making power. The Citizen Service Act of 2009 requires that the Perth Amboy City Clerk post a list of local boards and commissions with vacant positions on the city website. You can apply to be on these boards or commissions by completing the Citizen Service Application form. You hand/email the form into the City Clerk, and then you also might reach out to the City Council or Mayor to let them know you have applied and would like to serve. They will review your application and interview you and vote on your appointment. The Perth Amboy City Clerk has posted on the city website the local boards and commissions with openings. Currently, there are openings to serve on the Arts Council, the Planning Board, the Housing Authority, the Library Board, the Redevelopment Agency and the Rent Leveling Board. Make this year the year you step up and get involved and help Perth Amboy reach its potential. Boards and Commissions meet monthly and meetings last for about 2 hours. These are unpaid leadership positions, which are important to the functioning of our community. You must live or work in Perth Amboy to apply.